Revealing the Exceptional: The 2023 Vitruvian Honors & Awards Finalists
The Facade Tectonics Institute is thrilled to announce the culmination of a rigorous selection process, unveiling the esteemed finalists for the second biennial Vitruvian Honors & Awards Program. This renowned initiative serves as a platform to recognize and celebrate pioneering innovations and exceptional accomplishments within the domain of facade design and delivery.
Honoring Visionaries in Facade Design
The 2023 Vitruvian Honors & Award finalists epitomize the essence of the Institute’s mission: to propel the boundaries of designing, planning, and constructing high-performance building facades. With a steadfast commitment to innovation, sustainability, and architectural excellence, these finalists represent a diverse array of projects that resonate with the values of our industry.
Celebrating Achievement Across Categories
Outstanding New Facade (low-rise)
- Casa en los Vilos Chile (Kuraray)
- Google Bay View Campus (Arup)
Outstanding New Facade (mid-rise)
- Schüco One Headquarters (Schüco)
Outstanding New Facade (high-rise)
- Penry Hotel—Manhattan West (SOM)
- Mennica Legacy Tower (Goettsch Partners)
Outstanding Façade Renovation
- Rupp Arena & Lexington Convention Center (NBBJ)
- UC San Diego Humanities & Social Sciences (Architectural Resources Group)
Outstanding Façade Innovation
- Symbiosis University Hospital & Research Centre (IMK Architects)
- Uber Headquarters (Heintges)
Outstanding Façade Integration
- Harvard Science & Engineering Complex (Behnisch Architekten)
- 63 Madison Avenue
- UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital Replacement
- Wind-borne Debris Resistance of Facades
An Esteemed Panel of Judges
A distinguished panel of judges, comprising influential figures from the global architectural landscape, has undertaken the task of evaluating these exceptional entries. Their discerning insights and expertise underscore the significance of these accolades.
A Showcase of Excellence
Mark your calendars for the virtual FTI Vitruvian Honors & Awards webinar scheduled for September 14th, where finalists will have the unique opportunity to showcase their visionary projects. The awards ceremony will be the culminating event, set against the backdrop of the Center for Architecture in New York City on September 19th.
For more information and updates, visit the official Vitruvian Honors & Awards page.
Source: www.facadetectonics.org with additional information added by Apazone